Residence Life Housing Sign-Up

Housing Sign-up Timeline for Incoming First-Year Students

Apr 1 - May 15

Housing application open to complete personal contact information, emergency contact information, create a roommate profile, and you have the option to select a roommate. Theme Learning Community applications are open and links will be in the housing application for you to fill out. 

Apr 1 - May 1st

If you are a student with a documented disability and/or dietary accommodation and you are considering enrolling at Mines and living on campus, you should contact Student Disability Services (SDS) as early as possible to receive the full benefit of services available. Register with SDS and provide documentation of your disability to SDS.

By May 31st

Dates and time slots are assigned to all incoming students during the month of June to self-select hall and room. Dates and times are based on the Admissions Enrollment Deposit date.

JUN 1 - JUN 30

Sign back in to your housing application to select your hall and room on your assigned date and time.



Sign-Up through Trailhead

Residence Hall Housing Portal Step-by-Step Video Guide

Read the Residence Residence Hall Housing Portal Step-by-Step DocumentPDF versionText only version


Frequently Asked Questions


Who can I speak with to discuss my questions?
Please email us at or call any of our professional staff for all your housing sign up questions. You may also speak with any Residence Life staff member for your questions and we can then direct you to the appropriate person. Here is a complete list of our Residence Life Professional Staff
I am a student that requires special accommodations, what do I need to do?
You will need to work with the Office of Disability Services to ensure or provide your documentation is appropriate.
What is the cost to live on-campus for the 2018 - 2019 Academic Year?
The Board of Trustees will decide rates in late spring 2018. However, rates for the 2018 -2019 academic year can be expected to be in the range of $3200 - $4800 a semester depending on type of room.
Am I required to have a meal plan in the residence halls?
Yes. Please visit the Campus Dining website to see the available options.

For more information, please feel free to email us at for any questions you have.

Residence Life

Department of Residence Life & Housing

Residence Life Office
Phone: (303) 869-LIFE(5433)
Toll Free: (800) 446-9488 x5433
Fax: (303) 384-2261
Location: Campus Living Office (Elm Hall)
Monday – Friday:
8 am – 6 pm

Apartments at Mines Park Office
Phone: 303-869-5444
Toll Free: (800) 446-9488 x5444
Location: Community Center 2 at Mines Park
Monday – Friday:
8 am – 7 pm

Addressing mail to students living on campus
First and Last Name
Colorado School of Mines
Name of Residence Hall and Room number
1301 19th Street
Golden, CO 80401